A heavenly warm chocolate drink made out of real ingredients! Creamy and rich with real chocolate, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla. Serve with some whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
Chocolate relieves stress, fights cancer, lowers blood pressure and stimulates the mind. It is also known to contain serotonin, which helps produce endorphins and acts as an anti-depressant. Now having said that, its time to make a very simple Hot Cocoa and lift our spirits high. Hot Cocoa is usually made with just cocoa powder and milk, and Hot Chocolate is the one made with melted chocolate, that results in a creamy consistency due to the cocoa butter. We are going to incorporate the depth of flavor from the Cocoa powder and the dense and creamy texture from real chocolate for a completely "guilt free" chocolaty experience!
Incredibly simple that you will never want to try hot cocoa that comes in a packet again.
Use good quality, Dutch processed Cocoa powder for the best taste!
Serves 2 Total time 5 min
● 2 cups Whole milk
● 1/4 cup semi sweet Chocolate bar, chopped
● 3 tbsp Cocoa powder, unsweetened
● 2 tbsp sugar
● 1 tsp Vanilla extract
● Whipped cream and Cinnamon for garnish
1. Take a small sauce pan and heat the milk, cocoa powder and sugar until warm.
2. Whisk to avoid lumps.
3. Once warm, add the chopped chocolate bar and whish till its completely incorporated.
4. Add in the Vanilla extract, stir and pour it into mugs.
4. Top the mug with a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
Best when served immediately. Versatile recipe, and you can modify it to your liking. Add in a shot espresso to make it a delicious Mocha. Up for something fancy? Replace vanilla with a tiny pinch of paprika and call it Aztec Mocha!