A sizzling hot noodle stir fry with plenty of vegetables. The fusion of Asian flavors elevates this simple dish to a mouth watering main course! Serve it with a spicy side for an awesome meal. Unbelievably Vegan!
The vegetable noodles featured here is an Indo Chinese fusion dish, that incorporates Indian flavors cooked in a Chinese wok style. Noodles are boiled to perfection and stir fried at high heat with finely chopped seasoned vegetables. These noodles are very popular in India and feature in the Indo Chinese section of the menu. You can often find them being served at small joints on the streets, and hence its often also refereed to as "Street Style" noodles!
Noodles should be well cooked, but not mushy for this recipe. In order to ensure that. Do not cook the noodles for the entire time indicated on the package.
Set water to a rolling boil with a tsp of oil and add in some salt. Drop the noodles and check after 2 min. If the noodles don't have a hard center, transfer them to a colander and wash with running cold tap water. This will stop the noodles from cooking further. Slather some oil, separate them and let them rest while you prepare the vegetables.
This method will ensure that you get a restaurant style consistency and appearance.
Serves 4 people Ready in 30 min
● 4 cups of vegetables finely chopped
● Carrots, beans, cabbage, Bell pepper
● 1 packet of noodles ( Not the Maggie kind)
● Pinch of White pepper powder (optional)
● 2 inch Ginger
● 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
● 2 bunches of Spring Onions
● 1 Onion
● 2 Green Chillis
● 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
● 2 tsp Chilli sauce
● 4 pods of Garlic
● 2 tsp Tomato ketchup
● 2 tsp Soy sauce
● 1 tsp Rice vinegar
● 1 tsp Sugar
● 4 tsp Sesame oil
1. Heat some oil in a wok.
2. Toss in the Ginger, garlic, green chili, Spring Onions (white part) and onions and give them a quick toss.
3. Add the finely chopped bell peppers and add it to the pan.
4. Steam the finely chopped vegetables for a bit. They should still be crisp.
4. Now in goes the soy sauce, Tomato ketchup, Chilli sauce and Rice Vinegar.
5. Add in black pepper, white pepper and sprinkle very little salt. Add the sugar.
6. These steps happen super quick, the ingredients go into the wok just one after the other.
7. Now lower the flame, and toss in the cooked noodles that's been cooled.
6. Stir fry making sure you don't mush the noodles. Check for salt and and garnish with the green leafy part of the spring onion.