Fresh Summer Rolls
Vietnamese rice paper roll that is packed with flavor. Wrapped with crunchy vegetables, herbs and tofu. These are fresh and not fried. Pair with a zesty peanut dressing!
The fresh summer rolls also known as fresh spring rolls are refreshing and colorful. They look so pretty that you would feel like an awesome chef at the end of it. Looks fancy but very easy to put together. You can get creative with what goes into the roll. I have listed my favorites in this recipe. If you don't have an ingredient on hand feel free to skip it. But, the key ingredient is rice paper, and you can't do without it.
I ordered it on #amazon.Ships from the US so arrived in a day. Here is the link;
Makes 8 rolls Ready in 30 min
● 8 Rice papers
● 2 hot cup water
● 3 Cucumbers, cut into thin strips
● 2 bell peppers (mixed colors) julienne
● 2 oz Rice noodles, boiled
● 2 carrots, julienne
● 2 cups shredded lettuce
● Tofu as needed (Optional)
● 2 tbsp Spring onions, finely chopped
● 2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
● 2 tbsp Mint, finely chopped
● Salt to taste
● 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
● 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
● 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
● 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
● 2 tbsp Maple syrup or Honey
● 1.5 tbsp Seasame oil
● 2 tbp hot water
● Salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients listed in a small bowl and whisk them until smooth. The hot water helps bring in the required consistency. Peanut butter may look disintegrated at first but keep stirring for a good couple of minutes and you will have a silky smooth dressing.
1. Chop all the ingredients that go into the roll and keep them ready.
2. Mix the spring onion, cilantro and mint in a small bowl.
3. Boil water and cook the noodles as per package instructions.
4. Fill any shallow pan or a cake pan with hot water.
5. Set up a surface to roll, and keep all the other ingredients handy.
6. Dunk the rice paper in hot water for 30 sec. It becomes soft and malleable.
7. Speak it on the work surface. Add all the raw ingredients, sprinkle some salt and roll it exactly how you would roll a burrito.
8. Rolls are now ready to serve.
Serve the fresh summer rolls with the peanut dressing soon after assembling, else they tend to dry out.
The peanut dressing and the filling for the rolls can be prepared in advance and refrigerated , but make sure to roll them just when they are ready to be served.