Cranberry Pistachio cookies
A delightful slice and bake cookie with a burst of flavors and vibrant colors! Orange zest and cardamom elevates every bite of this rustic cookie.
#slice and bake
Cranberries and orange are a match made in heaven! Pistachios baked to perfection along with a hint of cardamom takes this simple slice and bake cookie to a completely different level. The cookie is rich with butter, cardamom and nuts! So, a little goes a long way! It's perfect for festive occasions and high tea.
Slice and bake, meaning the cookie dough can be made well in advance. Just slice the cookie log and bake it. And the best bit, its eggless so the the raw dough is just as delicious! Given the ingredients, these cookies can be made any time of the year.
Crisp exterior with a soft bite! Just dress it with pistachios for a decadent treat! The inherent sweet and tart flavor of cranberries cuts through the sweetness. Great accompaniment with a cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa
Makes 18 cookies Cook time 15 min Prep Time 1 hr
All the ingredients below at room temperature
● 3/4 cup Sugar
● 2 cups Butter at room temperature
● 2 cups All purpose Flour
● 1/2 cup Pistachios Roasted (roughly chopped)
● 1/2 cup dry cranberries
● 2 tbsp Orange zest
● 1 tsp Cardamom powder
● 1/4 tsp salt
1. In a medium sized glass bowl and whisk in the butter along with sugar, cardamom and orange zest until fully and fully incorporated.
2. Sift the all purpose flour and salt into the above mixture and combine well.
3. Make sure all the ingredients are incorporated well. Now fold in the pistachios and cranberries.
4. The mixture should look like a dough that can be rolled into a log. If any of the ingredients aren't at room temperature especially the butter it can be crumbly. Don't fret. Just microwave for 30 sec and you will be good to go.
5.Roll into a log using a parchment paper or a cling wrap. Refrigerate at least for 45 min to an hour until the log hardens.
6. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a couple of cookie trays with parchment paper.
7. Slice the log into discs of approx 3/4 cm in width. If bits crumble just press them into the cookie.
8. Place them at least 2 inches apart on on the cookie tray.
9. Bake at 350 F for approximately 18 min.
6. Check at the 17 min mark the bottom should look slightly brown. Its the kind of cookie that hardens on cooling so will be soft to touch when its hot.
7. Let the cookies cool for about 20 min before removing it to serve.
Best served at room temperature.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Adaptation of recipe by Camille styles.