A decadent fat-free chocolate mousse is rich and chocolaty. Made from #aquafaba aka chickpeas water, the mousse has a velvety texture with a hint of #vanilla. A perfect vegan/ vegetarian indulgent dessert!
Aquafaba is the liquid used to cook Chickpeas. Aquafaba is the perfect ingredient substitution to make a chocolate mousse with no eggs or any dessert that requires whipped egg whites. The easiest way to find Aquafaba is to simply use the water from a can of organic Chickpeas. Alternatively, you could also make your own by cooking dry chickpeas in water then reducing the liquid.
Serves 4 Prep Time 20 min
● 1 cup Aquafaba
● 3/4 cup 70% dark chocolate
● 1 tbsp Powdered sugar
● 1 tsp Vanilla extract
● 1/2 cup chocolate shavings for garnish
● 2 tsp nuts for Garnish
1. Take a medium sized serving bowl and add in the Aquafaba.
2. Whip up the mixture for a good 5 minutes until it turns cloudy and stiff peaks are formed.
3. Sprinkle the powdered Sugar and whip again.
4. Melt the chocolate and add it to the aquafaba mixture.
5. All the Vanilla extract as well and gently fold the ingredients until well incorporated.
6. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
Best served chilled. Serve with chocolate shavings and nuts for an indulgent dessert!