Chocolate covered Strawberries
Strawberries tucked in warm unsweetened chocolate is a delight and perfect for any occasion! Fruit and chocolate are truly a match made in heaven.
Chocolate relieves stress, fights cancer, lowers blood pressure and stimulates the mind. It is also known to contain serotonin, which helps produce endorphins and acts as an anti-depressant. We are using an unsweetened chocolate bar with 100% cocoa. Now having said that, its time to make a very simple dessert and lift our spirits high this holiday season!
Fruit dipped in chocolate! Whoever thought of that is a sheer culinary genius. The taste of sweet and sour strawberries when paired with chocolate is dramatic. We are going to incorporate the depth of flavor from real chocolate and the dense texture of strawberries for a completely "guilt free" chocolaty experience!
This recipe is extremely simple to make. You can also use some white chocolate and dress it to fit the occasion but that will not make it vegan. Make cute bow ties for a wedding or place a few hearts for valentines day. Or just keep it plain and simple which is also delicious.
Incredibly simple that you will never want to grab a box from a store again. Use good quality chocolate for the best taste! Gift a box to family and friends!
Makes 15 Strawberries Total time 15 min
● 2 cups unsweetened chocolate bar/ chocolate chips
● 2 tbsp Coconut oil
● 15 Strawberries with leaves
1. Line a baking sheet or a tray with parchment paper.
2. Wash the strawberries and pat them dry. Make sure to retain the leaves and the stem if there is one. If the strawberries don't have a stem stick in a tooth pic to make it easy to dip in chocolate.
2. Take a microwave safe bowl. Add in the chocolate along with the coconut oil and microwave for a minute until the chocolate is fully melted.
3. Stir every 20 seconds.
4. Dip the strawberries in melted chocolate, while tapping to remove any excess.
5. Place them on the parchment lined tray and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6. Pull them out just before serving. You can now dress them the way you like. Get creative and enjoy the deliciousness.
Best served chilled! Lasts for a couple of days in the refrigerator.