A simple, moist chocolate cake which is just perfect without frosting! Condensed milk gives it a silky soft texture and tastes fabulous. Enjoy with some fresh strawberries or a dollop of ice cream.
Chocolate cake without frosting! Brings out the flavor of cocoa with a mild sweetness rendered from condensed milk. Fluffy and moist without eggs or egg replacers. Just dress it with powdered sugar! No frosting needed. The powdered sugar on top makes up for the lack of frosting. Great accompaniment with a cup of coffee or a glass of cold milk. Makes a cute 6" cake.
Makes 6" cake Total Time 1 hr Prep Time 10 min
● 1/4 cup powdered sugar
● 1/4 cup Oil
● 1/2 cup Condensed milk
● 3/4 cup Flour
● 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
● 1 tsp Baking powder
● 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
● 1/2 cup Milk
● 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 6" cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Take a medium sized bowl and whisk all the wet ingredients.
3. Sieve all the dry ingredients and fold in with the wet ingredients in a clockwise direction and whisk well.
3. Make sure all the ingredients are incorporated well.
4. Pour the cake batter in the pan.
5. Bake at 350 F for 45min.
6. Check if its done by inserting a toothpick in the center. It should come out clean.
7. Let it cool completely and dress it with powdered sugar.
Best served at room temperature. The does refrigerate well as its an oil based cake. Serve with chocolate shavings or fresh fruit.
Recipe is an adaptation of Chocolate cake by Yummy food and fashion