Thai Red Curry
Updated: Aug 21, 2020
A mildly simmered Thai red curry cooked in #CoconutMilk and fresh seasonal vegetables. Of course add Tofu for all the protein.
Red Curry paste is a key ingredient in this preparation. You can make it from scratch at home but given the plethora of ingredients that it calls for, you can use the Thai Kitchen's vegan Red Curry paste for convenience like way I do. Cooking shouldn't be complicated, should it? As long as you can achieve a healthy version of restaurant style dishes at home! Here is where you can find it.
Serves 4 people Ready in 35 min
● 2 cans Thai Lite coconut milk
● 1 tbps Sesame oil or any oil of choice
● 1 large Onion sliced
● Ginger chopped
● 2 Bell Peppers ( Mixed Colors) sliced
● 2 tbsp Red curry paste
● 1 block Firm Tofu ( Bake or Sauté )
● 3 Bay leaves ( Optional)
● Salt to taste
● Garnish with herbs
1. Baked Tofu: Preheat oven to 400F. Squeeze out moisture as much as possible. Cut tofu into cubes. Marinate tofu cubes in oil, salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the tofu and bake for 25 min.
2. Heat oil in a pan, once hot add in the red pepper flakes and Bay leaves.
3. Toss in the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown. Add in the salt here. It will help onions to cook faster.
4. It’s time to add the ginger. Stir it a little till the raw smell disappears.
5. Add in the bell peppers and sauté until tender. Make sure the crispness is still retained.
6. Toss in the coconut milk and stir it for a couple of minutes until the flavors are incorporated.
7. Let it simmer for 5 minutes till you no raw smell of the red curry paste. Your kitchen will now start smelling like the best vegan restaurant in town!
8. Add the baked or sautéed Tofu cubes.
9. Garnish with Thai basil or the herbs on hand.
Serve hot with a bowl of #jasmine rice.
As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases