Roasted vegetable taquitos
Roasted vegetable taquitos are Mexican corn tortilla rolls baked crisp on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside. Stuffed with roasted vegetables, cheese and baked to perfection. Paired with Salsa and sour cream, these taquitos can be served as a fun party snack or a meal.
Taquitos are usually deep fried or skillet fried. But, baking them is a healthier alternative. Crispy fried taquitos sold in Mexico are often called tacos dorados ("golden tacos") or flautas.
Makes 12 taquitos Prep time 15 min Cook time 15 min
1 16oz can of Black beans
2 tsp Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Taco seasoning
12 small Corn tortillas
1 large Onion chopped
2 Bell peppers (Red and Green) chopped
1 cup Corn
3 tsp Cumin powder
2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
Non stick baking spray
Salsa Sour cream Guacamole for dipping
Salt to taste
Cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Sauté the onion, green pepper and corn in a pan with some olive oil.
4. Once half cooked stir in the can of black beans.
5. Add in the taco seasoning and the cumin powder.
6. Sprinkle salt and the taquitos filling is now ready.
7. Place a couple of corn tortillas in a plate and cover them with a moist paper towel.
8. Microwave for 30 seconds
9. Place the tortillas on the lined baking sheet
10. Spoon the filling into the center, add the cheese and then roll them up tightly. make sure to roll them when the tortillas are hot from the microwave else they will tend to tear while rolling.
11. Place them on the parchment lined baking sheet
12. Repeat the same process for the remaining tortillas
13. Spay the rolls with a nonstick cooking spray.
14. Bake for about 15 minutes until crisp and golden.
15. Serve hot with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
16. Garnish with Cilantro
Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauces for an appetizer or a complete meal.