Roasted vegetable tacos
Corn tacos stuffed with a blend of roasted vegetables, tofu and black beans paired with healthy toppings and salsa. Hearty and healthy meal!
The traditional Mexican taco gets a vegetarian and plant based twist! The authentic tacos most often are filled with meat and cheese. But, we are going to pack these up with a bunch of roasted vegetables. Sky is the limit to your imagination! It's protein rich with black beans and sautéed Tofu.
I prefer using small soft corn tacos, instead of the ones made with regular flour. They taste better, gluten-free and healthy too so why not! You can pick up some mini street tacos if you are planning to serve these as an appetizer or a snack.
Key ingredients are just tacos, vegetables, tofu and black beans. Start with the recipe below and tweak it as you go along. You can just use strained canned black beans as is but I like to make a little vegan chilli out of it by sautéing it with chopped tomatoes and taco seasoning.
Makes 12 tacos Prep time 15 min Cook time 15 min
1 Tomato - diced
2 tsp Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Taco seasoning
12 small soft Corn tacos
1 large Onion chopped - optional
2 cups colored peppers chopped
1 cup Corn (optional)
2 tbsp Cumin powder
Avocado - Topping
Cilantro - Topping
Shredded cheese - topping
Salsa for dipping
Salt to taste
1. Sauté the onion, mixed peppers and corn in a pan with some olive oil. Sprinkle some cumin powder, salt and set aside.
2. Use the same pan to sauté some chopped tofu until golden. Set this aside.
3. Again in the same pan sauté the chopped tomatoes until well cooked and add in a can of strained Black beans. Stir in the taco seasoning and the cumin powder.
4. You should now have 3 different fillings for your tacos.
5. Place a couple of corn tortillas in a plate and cover them with a moist paper towel.
6. Microwave for 30 seconds
7. Spoon each of the fillings into the center of the taco.
8. Top it with some diced Avocado, shredded cheese and cilantro.
9. Serve hot with salsa, sour cream ( skip if vegan) and guacamole.
10. Garnish with Cilantro
Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauces for an appetizer or a complete meal.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.