A traditional Mexican fruit salad made with apples, pineapples and carrots drenched in a creamy delicious sweet dressing. Traditionally served with nuts, raisins and a dash of cinnamon.
Ensalada Navideña is traditional Mexican salad served as the first dish on the table during Christmas eve dinner.
Serves 4 Prep Time 25 min
● 1 14oz can Condensed Milk
● 4 oz Sour cream
● 2 Apples
● 2 Carrots
● 1 cup Pineapple
● 2 cup mixed nuts of choice( Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios) sliced
● 1/2 cup golden Raisins
● 1 tsp Vanilla extract
● Dash of Cinnamon powder
● 2 tsp nuts for Garnish
1. Take a medium sized serving bowl and add in the condensed milk and sour cream. Whisk until they are very well mixed.
2. Chop the Apples and Pineapple to small pieces.
3. Grate the Carrots and slice the Nuts.
4. Fold in the fruits, carrots and nuts into the sweet dressing prepared in step 1.
5. Add in the Vanilla extract and mix it gently.
6. Garnish nuts and sprinkle cinnamon before serving.
Best served chilled. Serve as suggested with a Cinnamon stick to bring in the festive feel!